Grades and Fees
Skills, experience and training count. CILT Membership Grades provide important recognition of the skills and experience of members as they progress in their careers.
On joining CILT you will apply for a membership grade, dependent upon your education and experience.
GRADES OF MEMBERSHIP
Affiliate / Associate / Student Membership ($60.00 per annum)
An Affiliate Membership provides access to all the benefits of membership, except voting rights and post nominals. It is open to those who interested in Logistics and Transport but who do not qualify for higher grades of membership.
A Student is required to be a full-time student in a relevant educational program associated with the Logistics and Transport Industry
An Associate member is an individual who works in the passenger, freight or logistics sector, but their role does not specifically relate to Logistics and Transport. This category would be for those who do not wish to advance to higher membership levels.
Member (MILT) ($130.00 per annum)
This grade recognises an individual who has completed their initial qualifications and training and who is working in, or has an interest in Logistics and Transport, who has started to build their experience and who is keen to move ahead in their career.
A Member (MILT) is required to:
- Have completed education and training of a nature satisfactory to the Council; and
- Be engaged in and has had relevant experience for period amounting in the whole to three years in or in connection with logistics and transport management.
Chartered Member (CMILT) ($205.00 per annum)
This grade recognises an individual who has significant line and management experience and who has the necessary educational requirements.
A Chartered Member (CMILT) is required to:
- Have at least five years experience in transport and logistics management and have training and education acceptable to the Council, or
- Have at least five years experience at a senior management level in the transport and logistics industry, or
- Have the experience from special positions of responsibility and knowledge in the industry to the satisfaction of the Council.
Chartered Fellow (FCILT) ($260.00 per annum)
This grade recognises an individual who has significant experience at the highest levels of Australian Logistics and Transport and who has made a major contribution to the industry in general as well as to their own organisation. Direct election to Fellow is not normal.
To be elected a Chartered Fellow an individual must:
- Be a current Chartered Member and have held a high position of responsibility in logistics and transport management for at least 7 years; or
- Be held in such eminence in the industry that, in the opinion of the Council, justifies election as a Chartered Fellow; or
- Have such special knowledge of transport and logistics that election as a Chartered Fellow would, in the opinion of the Council, be conducive to the interests of the Institute; or
- Have rendered such a special contribution to the Institute that election as a Chartered Fellow would, in the opinion of the Council, be conducive to the interests of the Institute.
All prices are inclusive of GST
Please remember when submitting your Membership Application form you must include the following:
1. Full Curriculum Vitae
2. Copies of Educational Qualification Certificates
3. Application form must also include Institute Referees **
** Please contact the Membership Manager at National Office if you do not know any current CILT Australia Members to act as referees:
Phone: 1300 68 11 34
No applications can be processed without these supporting documents.
For more information or assistance - please contact National Office on :
Phone: 1300 68 11 34