The Australasian Injury Prevention Network in collaboration with the Public Health Association Australia and Injury Matters are hosting a webinar on the Next Steps for Injury Prevention.
Have you ever wondered what the next frontier in injury prevention and safety promotion practice, research, and policy will be? Join us for this discussion starter to hear from leaders in Australian Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion reflecting on the current challenges, areas for future developments, and the skills that the workforce will need to be swift in addressing threats and responsive to opportunities.
Our expert panel will include:
• Dr. Denise Sullivan, Director of Chronic Disease Prevention, Department of Health WA
• Associate Professor Debbie Scott, AIPN President
• Professor Stuart Newstead, Director of Monash University Accident Research Centre
• Justin Scarr, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Life Saving Australia
By the end of this panel discussion, participants will:
- Gain insights into current challenges facing injury prevention researchers, policymakers, and practitioners.
- Gain insight into opportunities and areas for development in injury prevention and safety promotion.
- Gain insight into the skills required now and into the future of injury prevention policymakers, practitioners, and researchers.
Date: Monday 10 July
Time: 11.00am – 12.15pm AWST