VIC Section Update
Published: 20 Mar 2012
Chairman: Hans Anneveldt firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chairman: Julian Barson email@example.com
Secretary: Nigel D’Souza firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Lawrence Norton email@example.com
The Victorian Section of CILTA acknowledges the continuous support from the State Government of Victoria, Port of Melbourne Corporation and Australian Personnel Solutions.
Membership Committee – Ian L. Burns and George Vrakas
The Victorian Section continues to have a strong membership base with February figures revealing a count of 340 members.
The process of reinvigorating the Victorian Section’s Accelerate Group aimed at developing young transport and logistics professionals is gathering momentum. Included in the above membership count there are 79 members under the age of 35; up from 61 in May 2011. Programs are in place to attract and provide areas of interest and relevance to this group who are the future of our industry. There is also a strong focus on membership renewals and follow up of non financial members. A key initiative in 2012 is the establishment of ‘account managers’ to manage the needs of corporate based members.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Activities, Function/Awards Committee - Julian Barson, Glen Richmond, Heidi Law
- Provide events/activities to members and potential members that are differentiated from other competing network groups in the industry.
- Assist with promoting Passenger Transport Group (PTG) Events.
- Promote stronger relationships between CILTA/Accelerate and Victorian Universities / TAFE sector.
- Encompass the Membership committee resources to achieve target marketing of events.
- Provide opportunities for industry networking.
- Build up the profile of the ward for Young Professional of Year 2012 Victoria.
- Communicate and promote events outside of the CILTA VIC membership database and CILTA website, thus increase exposure through Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and flyer displays/handouts in cafes located in logistics/transport hubs.
Wednesday 14TH March
Logistics Conversation Evening
Department of Transport
Tuesday 15th May
Two Speed Economy Impact on the T&L Industry
Nominations for Young Professional of the Year commence
20 Questions with Young Industry Leaders
1. Site Visit
2. Sponsored Market Intelligence Roundtable Workshop
Supply Chain and Logistics Event Management – Sports Focus.
Annual Minister’s Luncheon Young Professional Victorian Award 2012
Transport & Logistics Boardroom Lunch.
or firstname.lastname@example.org Accelerate Committee – Daniel Olivares & Michael Alf
- Re-build an active ‘young professionals’ presence in Transport and Logistics.
- Promote Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain as a ‘career of choice’ to university students
- Promote stronger relationships between CILTA/Accelerate and Victorian University / TAFE sector
Resources: The whole committee of the Victorian Section of CILTA to get involved actively in supporting initiatives of the Accelerate Committee.
or mailto:email@example.com Professional Development and Education Committee – Kim Hassall and Karyn Welsh
To promote the offerings of professional development through the national offerings for short courses, certification and professional development maintenance programs.
- In association with Accelerate to promote membership of Accelerate and Student Membership of CILTA to Victorian TAFE and University Students. This will be done through:
Up to two functions per annum, each six months, (May, Sept) targeted at transport, freight and logistics students and their institutions, and
Disseminating relevant CILTA materials to these student institutions through the CILTA website.
- To Promote Certification Programs such as Certified Transport Planner (CTP), Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) and the forthcoming Passenger Transport Certification (PTC), with their respective maintenance programs, to both Governments and large corporations through:
Two open seminars per annum, (April, October)
Internal corporate seminars by appointment with HR training divisions.
or firstname.lastname@example.org Passenger Transport Group – Andrew Stephens and Ian Theil
- To raise the profile of CILTA in the passenger transport industry and supporting agencies;
- Build PTG organisational capacity and sustainability;
- Attract new general PTG Members and develop critical mass of knowledge;
- Develop focussed program of events and activities in each of PTG streams;
- Increase the uptake of CILTA professional qualifications;
- To focus particularly on encouraging young people working in the transport portfolio to join and become active in CILTA and see this as a valuable step in their professional development.
- Create awareness and encourage professional debate on issues affecting passenger transport
- Develop a team of “champions” within the portfolio to pursue the actions below within the passenger transport portfolio;
- Develop a corporate and individual membership offering tailored to the passenger transport sector that is attractive;
- Develop a marketing & implementation program to raise awareness of CILTA within the portfolio; and
- Develop relationships and activities with Professional Development Committees
or email@example.com Communications Committee – Ranjeet Singh & Peter Steve
- To communicate on a regular basis to CILTA membership and other interested parties, of initiatives, programs and activities by the Victorian Section; and their subsequent outcomes via the CILTA website.
- To codify thoughts, believes and processes of selected eminent Victorian CILTA members and share these with CILTA membership and other interested parties.
- Develop Social Media Strategies
or firstname.lastname@example.org Sponsorship Committee – Karyn Welsh & Hans Anneveldt
- To grow the sponsorship base of CILTA within Victoria amongst our Corporate Clients and our Members.