In the context of the ACT election this year and some significant transport infrastructure challenges and opportunities facing the ACT, the ACT and Southern NSW Section of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia and the Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia in partnership with the Australian Logistics Council are hosting a Forum on:
Future Transport and Logistics for Canberra and the Region
Thursday 14 June 2012
5:30pm, Darling Room, National Press Club, National Circuit, Barton ACT
Steve Kanowski, Business Leader, Transport Strategy & Economics, GHD
- ACT Environment & Sustainable Development Minister Simon Corbell MLA
- ACT Greens Transport Spokesperson Amanda Bresnan MLA
- ACT Opposition Leader Zed Seselja MLA
- The ACT as a major freight and passenger hub for South East Australia
- The opportunity of a redeveloped Canberra Airport
- A future High Speed Rail link between Canberra and Sydney capable of both passenger and freight
- Priorities for upgrading major road links to serve the ACT and the region
- Public transport for a denser Canberra and a growing region, and
- The ACT’s role in accelerating transport reform to benefit the region.
The Forum will commence at 5:30pm sharp. Presentations will conclude by 6:30pm followed by questions to 7pm. Drinks and canapés will be served at the conclusion of the Forum.
All welcome. RSVP cob Tuesday 12 June Dr Tony Ockwell firstname.lastname@example.org